I love the tags of booktube since I don’t make booktube videos I thought it would be really fun to try the tags over here on my blog. Today I’m doing the Reading habits tag by The Book Jazz you can see the original video here. This is one of my favorite tags to watch so I’m really happy to give it a try.
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I generally read on our giant red L-shaped couch in the living room if I have time during the day. At night I like to read in bed.
- Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I usually use whatever I have on hand so a random piece of paper mostly. However, I’ve been buying bookmarks lately. I tend to use them more if they are cute or of one of my favorite characters.
- Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/or a certain amount of pages?
I Can…. but I hate it. I prefer to stop at a new chapter or at a logical breaking point in the story.
- Do you eat or drink while reading?
Mostly I drink while reading especially if the book is physical. If I’m reading a ebook I sometimes eat my meals and prop my kindle up in its case.
- Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I do like reading with one or the other on as background noise. I think this is because I read so much while in school and I’m used to noise being around me.
- One book at a time or several at once?
I used to only read one book at the time but I noticed if I read more than 1 book at a time I read more. Switching between books helps me from being slumpy
- Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! I’m almost never at home
- Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head mostly unless the text is difficult or poetry. Sometimes it helps me focus or comprehend the book better.
- Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Only if I’ve decided to not finish the book. I read the last page or sometimes the chapter to see what ended up happening.
- Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I don’t intentionally do either. I don’t mind either way. The only time I’m really cautious about it is when its not my book. If its not mine I am super careful.
- Do you write in your books?
No, mainly because most of the books I read are borrowed from the library. I think I would if I read more books that I bought.
- Who do you tag?
Everybody reading this!