For 2018 I basically went really lax on my challenges. I participated in the Goodreads Challenge of course but I didn’t really pay attention to any other challenges and I really missed the extra push to read that challenges give me. I’m a major procrastinator even for things I really enjoy which is why I love challenging myself to accomplish things.
The 2019 Audiobook Challenge is hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and Hot Listens. I’ve recently started listening to audiobooks and I am really enjoying the experience so far. For this challenge, I am challenging myself to read 15-20 audiobooks. I feel like I can read more than that but since I am still really new to listening to audiobooks I don’t want to make it to hard for myself. All of the challenge info is down below.
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2019 and last update in December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
I actually was thinking of doing a classic a month project for myself this year when I came across this post over at The Perks of being Noura. I joined in The Classic Club project in 2017 and I haven’t made a lot of progress in the last year and a half and I really want to get back in the swing of reading classics again. Of course, trying to challenge myself will be so much more fun with others so I’m jumping into Noura’s challenge. Here’s the original post if you’d like to check it out!
While on Noura’s blog I discovered that she was hosting another amazing reading challenge and it is Harry Potter themed so of course, I had to jump in! It sounds like a lot of fun and I can’t wait for the first of the year so I can get started on this challenge. The original post is here as well as the amazing board.
Non-Fiction Book Bingo
I’m a sucker for a bingo board! In 2018 I rediscovered my love of non-fiction but I did play it safe and stayed in my comfort zone so when I saw this bingo board I knew I had to join in! The challenge is hosted by Kristilyn at Reading in Winter
I’m very excited to discover new books in 2019 and get a blackout on this bingo board.
Romanceopoly is such an amazing idea and I am so excited to get started. I really embraced my love of romance novels in 2018 and I am having so much fun. In 2019 I really want to experiment even more so I was so excited to see Romanceopoly in my Youtube feed and I am so stoked to get started. The concept is amazing and they even made a website where you can see all of the information by clicking here!
Here are my 2019 reading challenges besides Goodreads. What readaing challenges are you participating in 2019?