Life right now is a little bit busy! I’ve been going back and forth for Dr. appointments all month and have barely been home but I wanted to get a post out so here’s a tag I’ve been meaning to do for ages!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
This is a huge problem for me! I always try to start out well but I am such a mood reader. I tend to browse through Goodreads or Kindle Unlimited until something piques my interest. make a TBR each month but I’m horrible at sticking with it.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It honestly depends. Most of the time I push through but I am getting better at DNFing. Normally if I find that I am skimming and having to reread passages then I know it’s time to move on.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Yes! I love doing 24-hour readathons and the endo the year is a perfect time to catch up on graphic novels and comics!
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t buy books until the whole series is out! I prefer to wait and get a box set or buy books after they are all released. However, the books I have that are mixed matched don’t bother me. The story is what matters most.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Yikes! Uhm seeing as I don’t like being noticed in public this is a huge problem. I normally put the book down and do something else to fain that my life isn’t falling apart.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
I don’t normally forget the main points of a book but I would try to pick up the sequel and read and hope the plot comes back to me. If after a chapter or so I still don’t know what happened I’ll read some spoiler reviews to jog my memory
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I just say that I don’t really feel comfortable lending out books because I’ve had people not return them or treat them horribly and it’s not happening
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Try something new! Normally I just need a change from what I was reading. Sometimes though I just take a break from reading by either watch Booktube or reading blogs. They always put me in the reading mood!
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
None! I haven’t bought a new book in over a year! I love new releases and supporting authors but I am trying to focus more on my backlist. I’m hoping to catch up with New Releases soon but I haven’t gotten there yet!
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Forever! It feels like. The feeling of needing to read the books that I bought seems to go away if I own them I don’t know if its because I read them at any time or because I don’t regularly look at my shelves. Either way, I need to really work on this.