WWW Wednesday is hosted over at Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to share a weekly update.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next
I just started this one and I am so excited to finally get started with this one! I’ve heard amazing things including some queer characters, dragons, and amazing world-building. I’m also really excited to see that this is standalone. I haven’t read anything by Samantha Shannon before but if I really enjoy this I will be jumping into her other series.
I’m hoping to finish a good chunk of this in the next couple of days. I feel like this is a book that I’m not going to want to put down so I’m really excited that I don’t have to work too many shifts in the next couple of days!
Second Sight is a book I am reading for #romanceopoly for an amateur detective. This is also a historical romance that is outside of my comfort zone. However, I am really enjoying this and I wasn’t aware of a paranormal/fantasy element so I am really curious to see how that continues. There is also a fake marriage/ marriage of convenience and I am so interested in how this progresses since they have really good chemistry and I’m really liking everything so far.
I also have an audiobook of this book checked out on Scribd so I’ve been trying to listen to this while doing other things. I’m about 25% through so far and it’s starting to pick up so I am really hoping to get back into this one as soon as I can.
This week I finished a lot more books. I was having a lot of fun reading this week and I hadn’t realized that I read as many as I did until I had to look it up for this post.
- Amber was a rom-com reverse harem. I really liked this one I thought it was funny and it reminded me of a really cheesy movie. This is also the first book in a companion series by multiple authors so I’m excited to read the others in the series.
- Death Fricassee was my first book for #romanceopoly and it really tried to pack a lot in this book. I’ll talk more about it in my review that will be coming out soon.
- Sext was very good the mains had really great chemistry and I liked it. The only thing I really didn’t like was the lack of communication between the mains but it was a good read.
- FindingFriday and Finding Callan are books 1 and 2 in a series and I immediately started on the 2nd book because #1 left off at a huge cliffhanger. This is a paranormal reverse harem and I really liked the different guys and they read very well. I’m really excited to continue with this series as soon as the next book comes out.
- Sext Addict I finished last night and I thought it was ok! It was a rom com and I feel like Tessa was really funny and relatable. However, there wasn’t a lot of depth outside of the relationships.
I really want to focus on finishing series in 2020 so I’m reading the next book in Coralee’s series and Deadly Obsession was an alternative book for #romanceopoly. I didn’t use it for the square I intended but I think I can use it for the next one.
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Happy reading!