Half the year has already passed and I’m sure you guys are tired of this tag by now but I am kind of interested in seeing my answers for this tag. I decided before the questions to share some of my stats as well.
As for the Goodreads challenge I am not doing great. I’m 6 books behind. 😦 I’m kind of in this weird mood where I am having a hard time picking a book up. Once I start a book I don’t want to put it down once I start but the initial pick up is rough right now
I decided to also include my rating chart so far for the year. I’m actually not that surprised by the way it looks. I feel like I’ve been reading a lot of “average” books this year i.e. the huge 3-star section. Also, I thought I would mention that for me 2 stars isn’t horrible it’s just not for me or not that “memorable”. The only rating that is “bad” would be 1 star which luckily I haven’t had a lot of so far this year.
On to the questions!
BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR.
It was so hard to pick just one favorite book so far. I have a few other amazing books but I picked 3 of them!
- Let’s Talk About Love- My most recent read and I loved this the Biromantic Asexual rep was amazing! I related to the main character so much in this one. Also, a great friendship and the romance was really a slow burn that was so adorable!
- Wolfsong– This was the biggest surprise for me of the year. The blurb on Hoopla is horrible but someone rec’d it to me so I gave it a go. It was 100 shades of amazing. It features an M/M romance and it was brutally heartbreaking and I was obsessed!
- Autoboyography– This one is also an M/M romance however it is YA, unlike Wolfsong. I really liked reading this one one of my favorite parts of this stories narrative is the focus on religion which is uncommon in YA I’ve noticed.
BEST SEQUEL YOU’VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR.
This was a hard question because I haven’t continued a lot of series so far this year. So I picked Hiyokoi vol.2 I gave it the same rating as the first book 4 stars. I’m liking this series so far but the 3rd volume the last I read was a letdown. Hopefully, the rest of the series will be better.
NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET BUT WANT TO.
These 3 are some of the ones I am most excited to read from this year. As well as like another 50 books or so but what else is new.
MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR.
I don’t pay attention to books coming out in the future but I do keep up with some of my favorite authors. A few of them are coming out with books later this year and let me tell you I am so excited!!!!
Carrie by Stephen King was not good. I didn’t really care about anything that happened and that’s not how periods work. I’ve never seen either of the movies so I wasn’t spoiled but I have a feeling that I would like them more than I liked the book. However, since this is Mt. King’s first book I’m sure I’ll like some of his other works. I’ll for sure be trying some more of his books in the future.
Salt was unbelievably shocking to me. I am not a poetry reader but this book was SO AMAZING! I don’t typically get poetry but this one hit me in the feels and just wow.
FAVOURITE NEW AUTHOR (DEBUT OR NEW TO YOU).
Hands down Katie O’Neill I read both of her published books last month and I was obsessed! She quickly became one of my favorite authors. Also, she has a 3rd book coming out later this year that I can’t wait to get my hands on.
NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH.
This question is so hard for me. I don’t crush on fictional characters. I typically root for their relationships if they are portrayed in one but other than that I don’t really feel anything like that.
NEWEST FAVOURITE CHARACTER.
Easy, I think I will go with Alice from Let’s Talk About Love I related so much to her it was unreal. She is for sure going to stay as one of my favs for a long time.
BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY.
I honestly can’t remember a single book making me cry so far this year. THere were a few that made me a little misty-eyed including Wolfsong which I mentioned above.
BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY
I decided to pick 2 books I hadn’t mentioned yet. I 100% recommend both!
- Always Human– is free webcomic it was so cute it also had great rep in it. Including asexual, polyamorous, trans, and lesbian. I read it all in one sitting and I remember smiling through it!
- Indigo– was the first book I read from Beverly Jenkins, it will not be the last. This is the first time I have ever read a historical romance featuring black main characters as the main characters as free successful people and I loved every second of this book! * I haven’t read tons of historical romances but the ones I have rarely mentioned pocs at all!
FAVOURITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION YOU SAW THIS YEAR.
I don’t really like movies so I haven’t seen any this year. I do however have plans to watch Love, Simon and The Hate U Give some time in the near future I don’t think I’ve been this excited for movies in a really long time!
FAVOURITE REVIEW YOU’VE WRITTEN THIS YEAR
I haven’t written a lot of reviews so far this year which is really sad but something I am trying to do better in the second half of the year so I picked one at random from the backlist!
Review: The Capsule Wardrobe
MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU’VE BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR (OR RECEIVED).
Uhm, I haven’t bought a single book this year! I know what kind of reader am I? Anyways I decided just to pick some pretty covers from my TBR that I plan to read relatively soon.
These 3 covers are some of my favorite covers out right now I am so tempted to buy them for the covers alone.
WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?
All of the books mentioned above!